Reed R6250SD-KIT2 Data Logging Heat Stress Meter with Tripod, SD Card and Power Adapter
Reed R6250SD-KIT2 Datasheet (PDF)
This kit includes a Data Logging Heat Stress Meter (R6250SD), 16GB Micro SD Memory Card with adapter (RSD-16GB) and AC Power Adapter (RSD-ADP-NA).
REED R6250SD-KIT2 Data Logging Heat Stress Meter with Power Adapter and SD Card Includes
REED R6250SD Data Logging Heat Stress Meter
Real-time data logger with integrated SD memory card measures/records temperature, humidity, and direct or radiant sunlight with Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT).
REED R1500 Tripod
Expandable up to 56″ and features an add-on adapter capable of mounting instruments without a tripod mount. The R1500 is a convenient accessory for any data logging instrument setup for long-term continuous monitoring.
REED RSD-16GB Micro SD Memory Card w/ Adapter, 16GB
For use with REED SD Series Data Loggers.
REED RSD-ADP-NA AC Adapter, 110V
For use with REED SD Series Data Loggers.
REED R6250SD-KIT2 Offers
The R6250SD measures temperature, humidity, and direct or radiant sunlight with Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT). With this information it determines the “What it feels like” temperature. The R6250SD is OSHA recommended with a user-adjustable WBGT audible alarm and the ability to adjust settings for indoor temperature measurement. Featuring, Data hold, Max/Min functions, and an easy-to-read backlit LCD display. Using a SD card (max 16GB), a user can manually record up to 99 readings or automatically by selecting a desired sampling rate from 1 to 3600 seconds. Quickly generate an Excel file with raw data, all without the use of software. Optional accessories include a tripod and AC adapter for continuous long-term monitoring.
- Measures temperature, humidity, dew point, wet bulb, black globe, indoor/outdoor WBGT
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) considers the effects of temperature, humidity and direct or radiant sunlight
- In/Out function displays the WBGT value with or without direct sun exposure
- Black Globe Temperature (TG) monitors the effects of direct solar radiation on an exposed surface
- Adjustable audible alarm
- User selectable unit of measure (°F or °C)
- Data hold and Max/Min functions
- Real-time data logger with integrated SD memory card
- User selectable sampling rate from 1 to 3600 seconds
- Easy-to-read backlit LCD display
- Tripod mount for long-term monitoring
- Low battery indicator and auto shut off
Ideal Applications for the REED R6250SD
- Sports (leisure, organized, and professional)
- Monitor seasonal conditions to ensure safe environment at school or daycare
- Ensuring safe work environments
|Measuring Ranges||Air: 32 to 122.0°F (0 to 50.0°C)
Dew Point: -13.5 to 120.1°F (-25.3 to 48.9°C)
Wet Bulb: -6.9 to 122.0°F (-21.6 to 50°C)
Black Globe: 32 to 176°F (0 to 80°C)
Indoor WBGT: 32 to 138°F (0 to 59°C)
Outdoor WBGT: 32 to 132°F (0 to 56°C)
|Accuracy||Air: ±1.5°F (±0.8°C)
Black Globe: ±1.1°F (±0.6°C)
Indoor WBGT: ±2.7°F (±1.5°C)
Outdoor WBGT: ±3.6°F (±2°C)
|Measuring Ranges||5 to 95% RH|
|Accuracy||>70% RH: ±(3% rdg + 1% RH)
<70% RH: ±3% RH
|Indoor Formula||0.7WB + 0.3TG|
|Indoor Range||32 to 138°F (0 to 59°C)|
|Indoor Accuracy||±2.7°F (±1.5°C)|
|Outdoor Formula||0.7WB + 0.3TG + 0.1TA|
|Outdoor Range||32 to 132°F (0 to 56°C)|
|Outdoor Accuracy||±3.6°F (±2°C)|
|Response Time||1 second|
|Display||4-digit dual LCD|
|Real-Time Clock and Date Stamp||Yes|
|Selectable Sampling Rate||Yes (1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 300, 600, 1800, 3600 seconds)|
|External Memory||Yes, expandable up to 16GB with SD card (optional)|
|Auto Shut-off||Yes (after 10 minutes/off)|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Power Supply||6 x AA Batteries or AC Adapter (optional)|
|Data Output||Yes (RS-232)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)|
|Operating Humidity Range||10 to 85%|
|Dimensions||Instrument: 7.0 x 2.7 x 1.8″ (177 x 68 x 45mm)
Black Brass Ball Diameter: 2.9″ (75mm)
Don’t Lose Your Cool. Manage Work Place and Athlete Heat Stress.
Sometimes we only use the air temperature as a measure of how comfortable we will feel when working or playing outside. But when the days get longer and the sun becomes stronger we need to take into account a lot more than air temperature.
Heat-induced illnesses, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke occur when your body can’t keep itself cool. The evaporation of sweat is slowed on hot and humid days causing your body temperature to rise and become ill.
Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Nausea
- Rapid Heartbeat, Cramps, Chest Pain
- Labored Breathing, Lack of Sweating
- Mood changes such as irritability or confusion
- High fever (104°F and Higher) for Heat Stroke Victims
Preventing Heat Stress
- Know signs/symptoms of heat-related illnesses; monitor yourself and coworkers
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources
- Rest regularly
- Drink lots of water; about 1 cup every 15 minutes
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, or heavy meals
And most importantly….Monitor the conditions you are in with a Heat Stress Meter
These meters measure how hot it REALLY feels outside when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat.
What is WBGT or Wet Bulb Globe Temperature?
WBGT index is a term used in industry, sports and other areas to indicate the heat stress level for humans and animals. It calculates the heat stress of direct sunlight, which takes into ac¬count temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle and cloud cover. This type of meter com¬bines these factors into a single number so you can quickly take into account the conditions you are in.
What is Black Globe Temperature (TG)?
Skin can burn when it comes in contact with exposed machinery, tools and containers left in hot direct sunlight. Black Globe Temperature represents the integrated effects of radiation and wind on these objects.